Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Biggest Mess Ever

Friday evening Scott was in Tellico Plains on an overnight fishing trip with the guys in our small group at church. The kids were being nice and quiet as I blogged and then talked on the phone to friends. After I was done talking to Amy, I went to check on the kids. First I encountered a huge disaster in the kitchen. Paper, scissors, crayons, playdoh and tape were everywhere, but no kids. I finally found them in the garage, sitting by the car happily drinking Capri-Suns, surrounded by every tool out of Scott's toolbox. Shelby had grease all over her nose, and there was an open Sharpie next to her. She had written something on the car. I was of course, very upset, and asked them what they were thinking. Cooper said very matter of factly, "We were trying to get the engine out of the car, so we could put it in the airplane we were building to fly to Daddy and go fishing with him." Oy!