Thursday, April 26, 2007

Cute Cousins!


This is a cute picture of Shelbs and her cousin Anna Banana (as she loves to call herself). They have their cute matching outfits on today that Mimi bought them. When Shelby saw what Anna had on this morning, she wanted to wear the same outfit so bad! Even though they were in the dirty clothes, I let her wear them. They were on cloud nine, getting to look like twins. Shelby is always so excited to have Anna over on Thursdays. They usually have lots of fun together, but boy you should see them during a battle of the wills! They both want to out do the other and want to tell each other what to do. They are both pistols of the same caliber! (I can already tell Shelby is going to struggle with the same sins that I do, among others: wanting to be better than everyone else, and not wanting to be told what to do! Have mercy on us, oh Lord!)
This morning they both tried to out somersault each other. Shelby watched Anna do a somersault, then said "I can do that better than you" (with a very mean voice). We have been blessed with lots of teachable moments like that! After I explained to Shelby that that wasn't a nice thing to say and she should instead say good job and be an encourager like it says in the Bible, they were off doing somersault after somersault. Although they still seemed to be in competition with each other, they were nice to each other while doing them from then on!
Next Anna decided she wanted to go upstairs and play in Shelby's room, but Shelby didn't want to (I think it had a lot to do with the fact that she just didn't want to do what Anna wanted her to do.) The next thing I know Anna comes in the kitchen telling me "Aunt Donna, Shelby won't mind me!" Too funny! I laugh a lot when the two of them are together. You should hear them! When one says it is raining outside, the other says it is not. But, oh, how they love each other! They had so much fun making pictures of the family together today. Anna told Shelby to draw the curly hair on her picture of Uncle Kirt, and it ended up looking a lot like him! They also had lots of fun being dinosaurs and making a big dinosaur house out of blankets. They were very busy today. It was a good day!