Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Weekend




We had a wonderful time together as a family this weekend. Saturday, we went to the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt, while Scott was at the Howard's. Cooper was so excited that his favorite girl friend from school, Alex, was there. Shelby was so cold that, after she was done, we quickly hopped in the car to warm up. Then, Cooper worked very hard helping his Daddy clear out the back yard. I had never seen him work that hard, and he was so proud that he could lift such heavy pieces of wood. Next, Cooper played a baseball game. Shelby and I watched, while wrapped up in big blankets. (Thank you, Ruth, for bringing our blanket back! I hope you guys stayed warm on Friday night!) Cooper played third base for the first time (just like his Daddy used to), and did great. His team won 12-8. He never had so much fun playing. I think because he got so much more action than he usually gets at second base. He got two good hits and two runs. He would have had three hits, if he had remembered to keep running to first. Instead, he stopped because he thought the first baseman was going to catch the ball, which he hit hard. He is learning so much about baseball and so am I! After dinner, we had a fun time dyeing our Easter eggs. The kids also helped me crack and peel eggs for our deviled eggs, which they love to do.

On Easter morning, we had an incredible time of worshiping our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, with Scott's parents at their church, Covenant Presbyterian. It was a very special time of celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Render's retelling of the resurrection story was passionate. Todd Gaither sang, He is Risen. Wow! Zach Carden did a great job with the children's sermon. The Alleluia Chorus at the end was heavenly. But afterwards, Scott and I both talked about how we missed worshiping with our beloved home church. I really wish our family and Scott's parents loved the same church. I would love it if Scott's parents, my two brothers, and our family could all go to the same church. I don't think that will ever happen here on earth, but I know one day in heaven we will all worship God together! After a delicious lunch at Nana and Gramps, we had the Easter egg hunt. The kids had so much fun, they decided to hide the eggs for the adults. We looked all afternoon and never did find one of the eggs the kids hid!