Monday, February 5, 2007

Superbowl XLI

I am very happy for the Indianapolis Colts, Peyton Manning and coach Tony Dungy! All those hours of hard work and discipline have paid off with an exciting win. Check out this great link for the Superbowl's official website: http://www.superbowl.com/

However, no matter how hard I try, football just does not interest me. I love having an excuse to have a party, though! We had the best time having our small group over for lunch after church. Scott loved getting to use his new grill for the burgers and hot dogs. Bailey, Gracie, Connor, Isaac, David, Cooper and Shelby all got along so well (I wish I had remembered to get a picture of them all around the kitchen table, priceless). Little babies Hope, Noelle and Kate did so good! They let their Mommy's eat and talk. Amazing!

My favorite part of the Superbowl was the halftime. Some of you may know my embarrassing secret that I love Prince. I used to have all his CD's, but got rid of them soon after having Cooper because many of the lyrics are definitely not glorifying to God! Seeing Prince perform made me remember going to see Prince in concert when I was in college. It was my favorite concert I have ever gone to! My favorite songs like The Most Beautiful Girl in the World, When Doves Cry, Diamonds and Pearls, and Little Red Corvette all came streaming back into my head for the first time in years! This is a link about Prince, one of the most talented artists of all time!
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9863556